In order to increase interaction with your online visitors and attendees, Commingly implemented a feature that lets you and your attendees share event photos and comments.
Maybe you want to display a summary of photos & comments on your website, want to show your website visitors how fun or informative your events are, or maybe an attendee took an amusing photo at one of your events and wants to share his/her own experience of the event. Regardless of what it is, the Share Photo/Comment button is a way for you and your attendees to express themselves through a collection of experiences. Here, I will provide an example of how you can share a photo or comment so your website visitors can view these memorable experiences:
How the admin from a calendar can share event photos & comments:
Let’s assume you hosted an event, called The Community Brunch. You want to share a photo from this event on your website for everyone to see. Here are the steps:
1. Click on the Share Photo/Comment button on the event’s detail page.
2. You will be redirected to the Share Experience page where you can upload a photo or add a comment for that event. If you would like to add multiple photos and comments then you will have to repeat step 1.
3. Once you have submitted your photo and/or comment, your post will then be automatically published to your Experiences page.
4. If you want to see how it looks on your live embeddable Experiences page, you can click on the Calendar Designs link on your dashboard followed by the Experiences link:
5. This link will take you to your own Experiences page (that you can embed on your website). It has all the current live event photos and comments from your calendar:
Note: If you want to embed your Experiences page to your website and have not done so, you can do so by clicking on the Embed Calendar link from your dashboard and then copying & pasting the embeddable code listed in the Embed Code for Experiences Page portion to your website.
Now that we went over how you (the admin) can add experiences (photos & comments) to your calendar, we’ll take a look how a visitor to your embeddable calendar can submit his/her own experiences. (The steps above were how the admin of the calendar is able to submit and share event photos and comments, the next steps are how your visitors can submit and share their own).
How visitors to your website can share event photos & comments:
1. Visitor will click on the Share Photo/Comment button on one of your events.
2.He/she will be redirected to the Share Experience page. This submission page will the same as yours, with the exception of a captcha to prevent bots from spamming you. Once the visitor successfully submits a photo or comment, he/she will receive an alert that notifies him/her that the admin of the calendar will first have to approve the post in order for the post to display.
3. The post will then be shown under the My Photos & Comments link on your dashboard awaiting your approval. From there, you can either publish or delete the experience.
4. If you publish this post, it will appear on your embeddable experiences page for everyone to see. You can go to your Experiences page to view it live. (Click on Calendar Designs and then Experiences).
5. Now that the experience has been shared, all your website visitors will be able to see it:
Overview of Commingly’s Experiences Page:
This was an overview on how the Commingly’s Experiences page functions and how to use the Share Photo/Comment button. Use this feature to share event photos and other comments about your events. This button is automatically integrated with every event you add. The Experiences embeddable page is also responsive so the photos and comments will automatically adjust to mobile and tablet devices.
If you require assistance or have more questions on Commingly’s Experiences embeddable page functions, please let us know by sending us a message through our contact form or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.